Christian Prayers, God, Great Commandment, HolySpirit, I am the Lord your God, Jesus, Law of Love, Lord, Mercy, Ten Commandments, You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not covet
ALMIGHTY God, unto Whom all hearts are an open book, all desires known, and from Whom no secrets are hidden; cleanse the thoughts of our hearts by the inspiration of Your Holy Spirit, that we may perfectly love You and worthily magnify Your holy Name; through Christ our Lord. Your ways are perfect and true Lord, write Your laws upon our hearts that we may remember them in times of trial and temptation.
GOD spoke these words, and said;
- 1. I am the Lord your God: you shall have none other gods but Me.
2. You shall not make to yourself any graven image, nor the likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or in the earth beneath, or in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them, nor worship them: for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, and visit the sins of the fathers upon the children, unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me, and show mercy unto thousands in them that love Me, and keep My commandments.
3. You shall not take the Name of the Lord your God in vain: for the Lord will not hold him guiltless, that takes His Name in vain.
4. Remember that you keep holy the Sabbath-day. Six days shall you labor, and do all that you hast to do; but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no manner of work, you, and your son, and your daughter, your man-servant, and your maid-servant, your cattle, and the stranger that is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it.
5. Honor your father and your mother; that your days may be long in the land, which the Lord your God gives you.
6. You shall do no murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house, you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his servant, nor his maid, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is his.
- Lord when the Pharisee asked “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment.And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
Lord, have mercy upon us for we have sinned against You and gone our own way, following after the lust of the flesh and seeking the things of this world. From these wrongs, that we have done, we humbly repent. Lord write all these, Your laws in our hearts, that we may not sin against You. Direct our lives through Your Holy Spirit that we may bring glory and honor to Your name through Jesus Your beloved Son.
Merciful God, today we forgive those who have wronged us as You have forgiven us. May we always follow the law of love in everything we do and say. In Jesus Name we pray. Amen
Written By Karrol Sneed 2013